Laptops can be rather temperamental, and they sure don’t like to get wet. They can malfunction otherwise, which is why the best waterproof laptop cases are so in demand. At least you have protection when it suddenly rains out of nowhere while you’re out with your laptop and the only cop of your thesis.
Obviously, the best one for you will be one that fits your laptop, and at the very least it can’t be smaller than your machine. It should look nice, and it ought to match your company’s vibe if you’re using it for work. If it offers additional protective features, that’s always for the better. Pick your best waterproof laptop cases from these top candidates!
- Reviewed List of the Best Waterproof Laptop Cases in 2021:
- 12. DOMISO 13.3 Inch Shockproof Waterproof Laptop Sleeve
- 11. Lacdo 13 Inch Waterproof Fabric Laptop Sleeve Case
- 10. Nacuwa 13-inch Computer Carrying Sleeve
- 9. Lacdo 13 Inch Waterproof Laptop Sleeve Case
- 8. BRINCH 15.6 inch Soft Nylon Waterproof Laptop Computer Case
- 7. JETech Waterproof Laptop Sleeve for 13.3-Inch Notebook
- 6. TOMANTEK 15-15.6 Inch PU Laptop Sleeve Case
- 5. DACHEE Waterproof Laptop Shoulder Messenger Bag Case Sleeve
- 4. MOSISO Water Repellent Neoprene Sleeve Bag Cover
- 3. Lacdo 15.6-Inch Waterproof Fabric Laptop Shoulder Bag
- 2. Canvaslife Waterproof Laptop Shoulder Messenger Bag
- 1. Casematix Elite Custom Waterproof Laptop Case
Reviewed List of the Best Waterproof Laptop Cases in 2021:
12. DOMISO 13.3 Inch Shockproof Waterproof Laptop Sleeve
Standing on the first of the best waterproof laptop cases, this offers a shockproof PU and EVA hard shell on the outside, protecting your laptop from collision and water damage. The shell itself is protected from scratches. It looks serious enough for work, and it has a convenient handle. It measures 350 x 245 x 25 mm / 13.78 x 9.65 x 0.98 inches on the inside, and it fits most 13” – 13.3” laptops. If that’s not the right size, Domiso has other size options.
The outside layer is made of polyurethane, then that’s followed by 5mm of EVA plastic. Next is a 4mm layer of sponge to absorb impact forces, followed by 2m knitted fabric to keep the laptop from getting scratched. It uses a Velcro lock while you have 2 zippers for easier access
- Embossed grooves on the outside for enhanced grip
- Comes with a handle
- Has pockets inside for pens or your smartphone
- Multiple layers of protection
- Can be carried solo or in your bag
- Looks like what a bank manager or lawyer might use
11. Lacdo 13 Inch Waterproof Fabric Laptop Sleeve Case
This is also meant for 13 to 13.3-inch laptops, and again you have other size options. At least this time you have 7 color options ranging from eye-catching rose to elegant gray.
This may be made of fabric to cut down on the weight, but it is waterproof canvas fabric so the rain isn’t really a problem. It’s also very soft on the inside, but the inner lining is also shockproof and anti-static with a shockproof middle layer of the 3 layers. On the outside, there’s also an extra pocket for a folded slip of paper or even your smartphone. You open it with a zipper and the pocket has a zipper too.
- Very lightweight
- Soft lining
- 7 color options
- The zipper is probably the most likely part that will wear down
10. Nacuwa 13-inch Computer Carrying Sleeve
On the outside, you have a hard shell with ridges that makes it easier to grasp. This shell is shockproof, and it is also waterproof and dustproof. All in all, you have 4 layers: the soft-touch coating, the polyurethane leather, the heat-molded crush-proof layer, and the shock-absorbing inner layer.
On the inside, there’s a section just for the laptop while you also have sleeves for various accessories. There’s enough space for 2 smartphones, a laptop mouse, a scratch pad, and a pen. This has a smaller (11-12.3-inch) size and a bigger size (15-inch).
- Resistant against water, shock, and drops
- Has a tough-lock wraparound zipper
- Has 4 inside pockets
- Easy to grip
- You can only choose between black and camouflage
9. Lacdo 13 Inch Waterproof Laptop Sleeve Case
This one is very similar to the other Lacdo, as it is also available in 5 different sizes. The first difference you might notice is that this is available in 6 different colors. There may be fewer colors here, but you have options like Dark Black (which is different from the simple Black color) and a Light Gray.
The other difference is that the pocket opening is along the length of the case, so you have a longer pocket opening here. It’s able to fit in 3 smartphones side by side. There’s even a side pocket that can fit in another smartphone.
This has 2 layers instead of 3, as you have a water-resistant layer on the outside and a fleece fabric lining for absorbing shock.
- Made of waterproof canvas fabric
- Has fluffy lining for shock absorption
- 2 side pockets
- Multiple color options
- There’s no separate shockproof layer
8. BRINCH 15.6 inch Soft Nylon Waterproof Laptop Computer Case
Now, this looks very much like a bag, with a carrying handle as well as a handy shoulder strap. You also have several color options, from black and different shades of gray to bright colors like purple and red.
This boasts of a water-resistant polyester foam padding layer to absorb impact forces, while the soft fabric lining keeps the laptop from getting scratched. There’s also a front pocket on the outside for small accessories like your smartphone or a notepad.
On the inside, you have more space and compartments for either items. This is very much like a bag for all your stuff. It can even be converted to attach to trolley suitcase for travel.
- Has PU leather handles and strap
- Metal zippers, clips, and loops
- Plenty of space inside for school and work items
- Water-resistant and shockproof
- Can attach to trolley case
- Several color options
- There’s less padding at the bottom of the bag, compared to the padding in the front and back
- Not exactly slim
7. JETech Waterproof Laptop Sleeve for 13.3-Inch Notebook
Waterproof Laptop Sleeve for 13.3-Inch Notebook”/>
Check Price on Amazon
This gray color is very somber and masculine, so it works well enough for the office. Its 3 layer protection includes a splash-proof exterior, a shockproof sponge layer in the middle, and soft cushioning inside. The inner foam cushions have thick protective ridges, to add additional shock absorption.
This is small enough to slide into a briefcase, though you can carry it as is. It comes with an extra front pocket for your smartphone, notepad, and pens. This is tough enough that it comes with a lifetime warranty from JETech.
- Protects against water, impacts, and scratches
- Looks elegant
- Slim and portable
- Has front pocket
- Tough zipper with smooth action
- Lifetime warranty
- Would have been nice with a handle
- No other colors offered
6. TOMANTEK 15-15.6 Inch PU Laptop Sleeve Case
At first glance it looks like it’s some sort of bulletproof vest, though it is very effective in protecting a laptop. It uses a 3-layer protection system with the spill-resistant PU polyester surface, followed by a 6mm layer of high density slow-recovery shockproof sponge, and ends with some soft velvet cushioning to keep the laptop from being scratched.
But the protection doesn’t actually end there since even the zipper around the case is waterproof.
- Formfitting sleeve
- Triple-layer protection against water, impact, and scratching
- Slim and easy to carry
- No handle or strap to make it easier to carry
- No other color offered but just black
5. DACHEE Waterproof Laptop Shoulder Messenger Bag Case Sleeve
At first glance, this looks like a fashionable ladies’ bag, especially as the 26 available patterns are mostly showing off colorful flowers. But there are a few designs here that a metrosexual man won’t mind, like the Khaki Elephant pattern. This means it has a handle and a shoulder strap.
This is made from high-quality canvas and features a thick metal zipper puller and a metal buckle, so it’s very durable. It offers waterproof and shockproof protection for your laptop. You also have a big pocket on each side so you can put on your smartphone and even a mouse.
- Looks very fashionable
- Still offers resistance to water and shock impact
- Has a handle and a shoulder strap so it’s easy to carry
- Has pockets for other accessories
- Men may not like the look
- It may seem silly to use this when you’re also using another ladies’ bag
- The shoulder strap is cream-colored, so it gets dirty very easily
4. MOSISO Water Repellent Neoprene Sleeve Bag Cover
Yes, you need a waterproof case for your laptop. But what about your laptop charger? With the Mosiso case, that’s not a problem. It comes with a small bag that’s meant precisely for the charger accessories.
This comes in 22 colors and floral patterns, and the look is decidedly feminine. Still, there are some color options that look masculine enough. But it’s not really about the looks, because this bag is water-repellant. You also get a layer of neoprene foam padding and fluffy fleece fabric lining.
- Lots of colors
- Special matching bag for accessories
- Slim enough to fit inside another bag
- Offers protection against water and shock
- Not too many color options for guys
- No other compartments for other stuff
3. Lacdo 15.6-Inch Waterproof Fabric Laptop Shoulder Bag
Plenty of people prefer a design like this, as it’s easier to carry with the handle and the shoulder strap. It’s available in black, green, and gray, and they’re all manly looking (though ladies may like them too).
The canvas fabric on the outside is waterproof, while you have an extra soft anti-static lining to protect the laptop from scratches. There are 3 extra pockets on the side as well.
- Very easy to carry
- Offers ample protection against water and shock
- Has pockets for accessories
- Looks nice
- Not enough color options
- The zipper is perhaps the most likely component to fail
2. Canvaslife Waterproof Laptop Shoulder Messenger Bag
Standing of the 2nd spot of the best waterproof laptop cases, this is available in 25 patterns (mostly floral) and the look is generally feminine. But then even men may want a second look at this bag since it’s very easy to carry. It has a handle and a shoulder strap, and it can even be attached to a trolley case.
You have a zippered side pocket here for some of your stuff, while inside there are additional pockets for your laptop mouse and smartphone. In the main compartment, you can put in your laptop along with a tablet as well.
The bag is waterproof, and there are even high rebound bubbles on the side to protect it from impact if it’s dropped.
- Protection from water and shock
- Easy to carry
- Lots of compartments
- Pretty floral designs
- Color of the strap matches the design
- Not too many designs for men
1. Casematix Elite Custom Waterproof Laptop Case
This one somehow takes the cake, as from the inside it looks like it holds the presidential laptop with the nuclear codes (the legendary “football”). That’s true when you open the case and you see the protective convoluted foam top and various foam inserts. This really looks like it will protect the laptop even if you get it run over by a car.
It’s meant for gaming laptops, so it’s understandable how gamers will want to take care of their gear. You have enough space here for accessories like your gaming mouse and your headphones. The airtight waterproof seal means it will even protect it from the sea, while an integrated pressure release valve releases air when changing altitudes.
- Looks great and super cool
- Can accommodate gaming accessories
- Features a crush-resistant design with total waterproofing
- Has a lifetime warranty
- It’s overkill if you’re not a gamer, as it’s comparatively bulkier
Spending a few dollars on the proper case for your laptop just makes sense, especially if the case offers maximum protection. Pick the best waterproof laptop cases so that you won’t have to worry about the rain when you’re out with your gear.