Not all games are played in indoor covered courts, which is by many sports fans buy sports umbrellas for a more enjoyable live game experience. It can detract from the thrill of competition when you’re under a downpour while watching a football game, or while you’re watching tennis on a grass court and the sun is mercilessly beating down on you.
These sports umbrellas need to be tough since you may deal with strong winds as well. Here are some of the best sports umbrellas you can get today:
- Top 10 Best Sports Umbrellas to Buy in 2021:
- 10. Massmall 26″ Diameter Elastic Band Fishing Headwear Umbrella
- 9. Ballpark Elite Baseball Umbrella
- 8. Mac Sports Dicks Sporting Goods Chairbrella Umbrella Shade
- 7. G4Free Extra Large Golf Umbrella
- 6. Wondershade Ultimate, Portable Sun Shade
- 5. BAGAIL Golf Windproof Umbrella
- 4. G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella
- 3. Sport-Brella Versa-Brella SPF 50+ Adjustable Umbrella w/ Universal Clamp
- 2. Under Armour Golf Umbrella
- 1. Sport-Brella Vented SPF 50+ Sun and Rain Canopy Umbrella
Top 10 Best Sports Umbrellas to Buy in 2021:
10. Massmall 26″ Diameter Elastic Band Fishing Headwear Umbrella
Haven’t you ever been under the rain or the hot sun and admitted that your trusty ball cap just isn’t doing the job of protecting you? If that’s the case, you should just get an umbrella even when you need your hands for something else. You should get these sports umbrellas, as you have an elastic band that fits this on your head.
This is 26 inches across, so it can keep your head and chest dry from the rain. The material is rainproof. It works better against the sun compared to a ball cap, as it’s also anti-UV and it can keep you cool.
- Wide enough at 26 inches
- Keeps your hands free for fishing, gardening, or watching while holding drinks and your food
- Rain and UV-proof
- The elastic band fits most heads of adults
- Admittedly, it looks goofy in most circumstances
- A chin strap would be nice to keep the wind from blowing it off
- The strap is too big for children
9. Ballpark Elite Baseball Umbrella
If you’re a baseball fan, then this baseball stitch design is quite cool. You hold this by hand, and a single hand will do to open and close the umbrella.
When open, the umbrella is 41 inches wide while the handle is 24.75 inches long so it can protect a large portion of your body. The material is rain and snow-repellent, and it also protects you from the sun. The 8 reinforced fiberglass ribs flex a bit against the wind so that it can resist gusts. The handle is rubberized for an easier and comfier grip, while there’s also a wrist strap to keep it secure in your hand. It also weighs less than a pound.
When closed, it is just 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. It also comes with a travel sleeve.
- Protects against rain, snow, and sun
- Cute baseball design
- One-hand open and close
- Easy to secure in hand
- It looks a bit “off” if you’re using it for watching football
- You need a hand to carry it
8. Mac Sports Dicks Sporting Goods Chairbrella Umbrella Shade
Lots of times, you may be watching sports on TV on your lawn while sitting on a comfy folding chair. In fact, this is a great way to watch a football game. With such sports umbrellas, you can really get comfy if the weather doesn’t quite cooperate.
You don’t hold this umbrella up with your hand. Instead, it has an attachment at the end if its handle so you can attach it to the chair’s backrest. This will provide protection from the sun and rain. The fabric protects against UV rays by using silver undercoating, and it is also quick-drying and wear-resistant. The 10mm metal frame is also rust-resistant.
- The diameter is very wide at 47.5 inches
- Comes with a storage bag and it’s very lightweight
- Uses wear-resistant fabric that dries up quickly when it gets wet
- Can also protect from UV rays
- Rust-resistant frame
- Can work on many types of chairs with metal frames
- You can swivel it as the sun moves
- It doesn’t work with some chairs
- The large “Dick’s” logo on the side can lead to some snickering and juvenile humor
7. G4Free Extra Large Golf Umbrella
This is an excellent umbrella not just for golf but for all types of activities. When it’s closed, it’s in a carry case with adjustable straps that make it easier to carry around. But when it rains or even if the sun is just too hot, you can trot it out with one hand.
The handle is 5.5 inches long, and you have anti-slip foam rubber to hang on to. Click a button, and you can open this up with one hand. This only weighs 1.5 pounds, and that’s because it uses fiberglass.
Here you have 7 designs to choose from, but its looks aren’t the most important feature. What’s more important is that the canopy is 62 inches wide, so you can fit in 2 or 3 people underneath.
This also uses a unique double canopy system that creates a vent that lets the wind pass through so that the umbrella doesn’t have to fight against strong gusts of wind.
- Several pretty patterns to choose from
- Wide square canopy for 2 to 3 people
- Has a vent to help with strong winds
- Lightweight at 1.5 pounds
- Easy to grasp and use with one hand
- Has a carrying case with adjustable straps
- Offers UV protection
- 1-year warranty
- A wrist strap at the end of the handle can make it even harder to lose against the wind
6. Wondershade Ultimate, Portable Sun Shade
When you’re sitting in a comfy chair, this works as an umbrella by your side. It has a steel tripod base that lets the stem be set at 3 to 8 feet. You can take off the tripod and just use the sand screw to secure it on the sand if you’re on the beach.
Along the stem, you have 2 cup holders for your drinks. It features hooks for towels and bags.
The canopy is wonderful, as it measures 60 inches across. It blocks 98% of the harmful UV rays, and it can even tilt so you can have it face towards the sun. It also has gust flaps to let the wind blow through without blowing off the umbrella as well. When you’re not using it, you can carry it in its travel case with a shoulder strap.
- A wide canopy that tilts and protects from UV
- Has gust flaps for wind resistance
- Adjustable height from 3 to 8 feet
- Stable tripod base or sand screw for beach use
- Has 2 cup holders
- Features hooks for bags and towels
- Comes in a handy travel case
- Warranty is only for 30 days
- Not intended to be left outside for extended exposure to the elements
- Can repel water, but it isn’t really designed for the rain
5. BAGAIL Golf Windproof Umbrella
This is a bestselling golf umbrella, and it’s not really a surprise when you take a closer look at it. It starts with 18 different color patterns and combinations to choose from. You also have size options from 58 to 68 inches.
Then you have the fantastic 190T pongee micro-weave fabric. This is extremely water-resistant and very quick to dry. It also offers SPF 50+ protection, blocking 99.95% of UV rays. You get all these features and it’s lightweight too.
It also works well against the wind. It has a frame that flexes with the wind to keep its shape, while it also uses a vented double-canopy design so the wind can pass through the fabric cover. Also, it just won’t invert against the wind.
This umbrella is lightweight because it uses a fiberglass resin cover for the stainless steel in the ribs, hub, and shaft. This material is also non-conductive, so you can use it in the open even in stormy weather.
The coated handle is also ergonomic, and it offers a comfortable and secure grip. Just press a button, and it opens.
Everything works here, which is why it has a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship defects.
- Wide size options
- Colorful pattern options
- Works against 55mph winds
- Comfortable to hold
- Waterproof fabric
- Easy to open
- A strong yet lightweight frame
- Doesn’t attach to a golf cart
4. G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella
This is another fantastic bestselling umbrella. You have 11 color options to choose from and also 3 sizes with the biggest at 68 inches. This uses ultra water-resistant 210T pongee fabric that also gives you PF 50+ protection.
This also uses the famous double canopy design that makes it windproof, especially with the fiberglass ribs that offer some flexibility.
- Large size
- Plenty of attractive colors to choose from
- Great fabric against water and UV
- Automatic open by pressing a button
- Comfy EVA grip handle
- 1-year guarantee
- No wrist strap
3. Sport-Brella Versa-Brella SPF 50+ Adjustable Umbrella w/ Universal Clamp
This doesn’t look like a traditional umbrella, and that’s because it’s meant to be attached to your beach chair. Actually, you can also attach this to a stroller, golf bag, or even the bleachers.
It has a stem with an elbow, so you can adjust its tilt and height as you wish. The fabric itself is water-repellant and it offers SPF 50+ protection. The size of the cover when open is 40 by 42 inches (for the regular version).
This only weighs 1.8 pounds, so it’s not heavy at all. The fabric is also tear-resistant while the clamp is heavy-duty, so you can expect it to work with no problems.
- Meant for beach chairs and other similar things
- It uses a secure clamp
- The fabric works well against the sun and rain, and doesn’t rip easily
- 4-way, 360-degree swivel and 2 push button hinges that let you adjust its position
- No sharp points at the edges of the cover that can poke your eye (or your kids’ eyes)
- If you’re sitting on a chair and it rains, your legs will get wet
2. Under Armour Golf Umbrella
This single canopy version comes in a somewhat squarish design, with a width of 62 inches. It works very well, and you can rely on it to work for a very long time. It’s made with 100% nylon fabric, which you can machine wash. It also features a textured rubber handle that offers a comfy grip.
- Works great
- Square design works with 2 or more people
- Looks nice enough
- Soft handle
- Easy to open and close
- There’s a double canopy version that costs a bit more
- Only 1 size and one color (62 inches, black)
1. Sport-Brella Vented SPF 50+ Sun and Rain Canopy Umbrella
This beach umbrella works for the beach, though it can work just as well on the sidelines of a playing field. It’s like an umbrella that you place tilted on the ground, and then you have covered at the sides so it looks like a tent. It offers plenty of space for chairs underneath, so you can really enjoy the game in comfort whether it’s raining or the sun is shining.
- Large 8-foot cover
- UPF 50+ protection
- Side zippered windows for efficient wind flow
- Supported by steel rims and stretcher
- Has anchor cords with the heavy-duty ground stakes for extra wind security
- Has pockets you can load with heavy objects (or even sand) to keep the wind from blowing it away.
- Can be complicated to set up
As you can see, you have a wide range of designs to choose from when you’re trying to pick the best sports umbrellas. Don’t let the weather get you down from enjoying the game, or from your own sports activities. With the best sports umbrellas, you can focus and enjoy the game more without worrying about your own comfort!