For many people, mini-food processors work just as well as the full-sized version. It’s great if you’re just preparing for a few people, and you can use it to dice herbs, chop nuts, mince garlic, and prepare some salsa.
But which ones should you use? We’ve narrowed down the best mini-food processors for you so you can make your own choice quickly.
The Best Mini-Food Processors (2021) Reviews:
10. Ninja Food Chopper Express Chop NJ110GR
Starting with the first of mini-food processors, this has a 16-ounce food capacity, along with 200 watts of power to mince, chop, grind and blend lots of different food ingredients. The large chrome pulsing button is easy to use, and despite its small size and lightweight it will stay put on your countertop due to the non-slip base.
There’s a splash guard on the chopper bowl and there’s a storage lid to keep the food fresh. All the removable parts are dishwasher-safe.
- It chops very well with its 4 blades
- Can be used daily
- Taking stuff out is easy as there are no nooks and crannies
- Washing it out takes just 5 seconds
- Very cost-effective
- Terrific customer support
- 8 inches in diameter
- You should use it with short pulses and only fill it halfway
9. BLACK+DECKER HC150B 1.5-Cup Electric Food Chopper
Obviously, this is just for you and maybe a friend, or else you’ll need the 3-cup version. The bi-level blades inside are made with stainless steel and designed to stay sharp for a long while. You have the 1-touch pulse control to use for your ingredients and you have 70 watts of power. Cleanup is very simple since you can remove some parts and then wash them in the dishwasher.
This is the “improved assembly” version, as they’ve upgraded some parts to make them last longer.
- It chops quite well
- Easy to remove the bowl from the unit
- Very quiet
- Very easy to use
- It’s just for chopping
- You have better options for mincing and dicing
8. Hamilton Beach 72860 Stack and Press Glass Bowl Food & Vegetable Chopper
As the name of the item abundantly makes clear, this is for chopping veggies. Just stack your vegetables and press, and you’re good to go. You only need to press the lid to start chopping, and you let go when you want to stop.
The overall look of the chopper is modern and sleek, and you have built-in cord storage to make it easier to put into your kitchen cabinet. The glass bowl itself is easy to clean, as it resists scratches, stains, and odors.
- No twisting and locking needed to use
- The garlic won’t make the glass bowl smell bad afterward
- It looks nice on your countertop
- It’s 5.5 inches in diameter
- Has built-in cord storage
- 3-cup capacity
- Just a chopper and not much else
7. Hamilton Beach 70740 Food Processor, Slicer and Vegetable Chopper
This one has an 8-cup capacity, and if that’s not enough there’s also a 10-cup version. But with this size, the bowl is large enough to help feed several people while the bowl is still small enough for easy storage.
This has a large feed chute, and you can use 2 different speeds along with the pulse. With 450 watts of power, you can do lots of things with this. It’s easy enough to clean as well, as the bowl, blades, and lid are dishwasher-safe.
- Uses stainless steel slice/shred disc and chopping blade
- Fast and versatile
- 2 speeds plus pulse
- 450-watt motor
- Reduces precutting with large feed chute
- Lid, bowl, and blades are dishwasher-safe
- The lid flips over for more compact storage
- Has 2 suction cup feet
- Pretty basic control options
- Needs larger space
6. Cuisinart CH-4DC Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper/Grinder
The base measures 5.8 by 6.5 inches, so it doesn’t take up much space despite the 4-cup capacity. It also comes with a handle, so you can take it off the countertop easily.
When you use it, you’ll find it easy with the touchpad controls. It helps that it comes with the auto-reversing SmartPower blade. When you’re done processing, you don’t have to remove the blade as the BladeLock System keeps it in place when you’re pouring out the contents.
- You can chop, grind, puree, and mix salad dressing
- You can add liquids while the machine is running
- Comes with a free spatula
- The work bowl, cover, and blade assembly are all dishwasher safe (and the spatula too)
- Comes with cord storage
- You have to pay a substantial amount to get a replacement within the warranty
- Can’t be used for more than a minute without resting a bit
5. Hamilton Beach (72850) Food Processor Mini Chopper
This is very affordable, and it’s also simple to assemble and use. You can just stack the bowl and blade on the base and then you can put on the lid. Press the lid and you start chopping. That’s what it does though you can use it for mincing and pureeing.
At least it chops very well, as you have stainless steel blades plus 350 watts of power. You can also add liquids while the machine is working. Once you’re done, you can clean it easily as the bowl, lid, and blade can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Easy to assemble with no twisting and locking
- Has cord storage underneath
- Reliable chopping
- One-touch controls
- Removable dishwasher-safe parts
- Built-in oil dispenser
- Occupies little space
- It’s a bit loud
4. Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor
From chopping your herbs to grinding cheese to fine bits, this can be your handy assistant. It offers the special Auto Reversing Smart Blade along with the 24-ounce bowl for your food prep.
It’s very easy to use with the touchpad controls, and a cleaning doesn’t waste time either as you have removable dishwasher-safe parts. Your purchase comes with a free spatula along with an instruction manual with recipes.
- Chop or grind with the auto-reversing SmartPower blade
- Comes with handle
- Easy to use and clean touchpad controls
- The brushed stainless finish looks nice and modern
- Just to be clear, the “real” food capacity is 2 cups as you should only fill this halfway
- Despite the stainless finish, it’s still plastic on the outside
3. KitchenAid KFC3516ER 3.5 Cup Food Chopper
Now, this looks very cool. That’s because you have 19 colors for the base to choose from, so of course, you’ll pick the color you want. But what’s really cool is how you can use this every day.
You have 2 speeds to work with and a pulse feature too to go with 240 watts of power. It’s been designed with lots of features that make it easier for you in the kitchen. It has a locking blade and a pour spout for easy pouring, and it has a handle as well. The blade can chop and puree, and it locks in place when you pour.
As for cleaning this, you can just take the work bowl, lid, and blade into the dishwasher while you wipe down the rest of the unit.
- Looks great with plenty of color options
- Compact and lightweight
- 2 speeds plus pulse
- Easy to clean
- Limited to 1.5 cups for liquids
- Some have trouble seating and locking the food bowl
2. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
Stands on the #2 of the best mini-food processors in 2021, this Mini-Prep plus food processor comes with 4 color options, with the brushed chrome and nickel for the manly men and pink for the decidedly feminine. But you’ll find yourself more impressed with the reversible stainless-steel blade that lets you chop and grind. You have a simple reversible stainless-steel blade to work with 250 watts along with a 24-ounce bowl with a handle.
- Comes with a free spatula and a recipe book
- The auto-reversing steel blade has sharp and blunt edges
- The touchpad controls are easy to use and clean
- The bowl, blade assembly, spatula, and lid are dishwasher safe
- Nicely powerful
- Looks nice
- Somewhat loud
- You need to practice so you don’t over-process the food
1. Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor
Is it still a “mini” food processor if it has a 12-cup capacity? That depends on whether you think its 14.9 x 11.3-inch base is too big or not. But this sure is powerful as it’s rated for 600 watts and it gets to a peak of 900 watts.
You can use this to chop, slice, whisk, and knead, and also use variable speed settings aside from the pulse feature. There’s even a juicer attachment. It sure is handy, and for all its strength and versatility it actually doesn’t seem to be too big for your countertop.
- Easy to put together
- Very quiet even though it’s powerful
- Doesn’t consume too much power
- It has a preset sped function
- Compact and easy to store
- Aside from the base, everything else is dishwasher-safe
- It does take a bit of countertop space compared to the other models
When you don’t prepare food for a lot of people every day, then the best mini-food processors can do everything you need for less money and with less countertop space. Find one on this list and you’re good to go!