Mermaid blankets are fun. They’re colorful and make girls feel special. There’s no denying this, especially if you gift your young daughter with a mermaid blanket. They’re snug and warm for the feet and legs. Besides, if sisters share a bed they won’t have to kick each other when they sleep.
You can, of course, buy bigger versions of these mermaid blankets for your girlfriend or wife. If you’re a lady, you can buy one for yourself. Mermaid blankets still fun and warm regardless of your age! Here’s a countdown of the best mermaid blankets for 2021:
- The Best Mermaid Blankets to Buy (2021) Reviews:
- 11. Kpblis Warm and Soft Mermaid Tail Blanket Knitted Mermaid Blanket
- 10. PixieCrush Mermaid Tail Blanket for Teenagers/Adults & Kids
- 9. Catalonia Mermaid Tail Sherpa Blanket
- 8. DDMY Crochet Mermaid Blankets
- 7. iBaby888 Wearable Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet
- 6. Softan Mermaid Tail Blanket
- 5. Fu Store Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet
- 4. Langria Mermaid Tail Blanket
- 3. AmyHomie Mermaid Tail Blanket
- 2. Laghcat Mermaid Tail Blanket for Adults
- 1. Posh Peanut Mermaid Blanket
The Best Mermaid Blankets to Buy (2021) Reviews:
11. Kpblis Warm and Soft Mermaid Tail Blanket Knitted Mermaid Blanket
These mermaid blankets are available with measurements of 56” by 28” for kids, and then 71” by 35” for adults. So these are proper blankets that can cover up to the upper chest area. Yiyre feet can get into the fin area. These can provide warmth and cover, so these aren’t merely costumes at all.
Not that they’re not as pretty as a costume. They’re available in a multitude of bright colors, from blue and purple to green, red, and pink. Each one is made from a poly/cotton blend material so it makes for a very cozy knitting blanket. It’s super-soft and great for your skin. It’s lightweight and yet it’s durable too. Also, it is eco-friendly.
The Kpblis blanket is 100% crochet, so you better wash them separately. If you want them to last, you should wash them by hand. Don’t wring or twist them, and then don’t use a warm iron on them.
This is made by a small, family-owned business, and they really offer personal customer service. So you can just call them up for answers or explanations and they’re very friendly responding to your calls.
- Available in children’s and adult sizes
- Available in 22 different colors and patterns
- Your feet can move freely in the tail section
- Can reach up to your chin
- Friendly customer service
- Best if washed by hand
- Can be very warm for the tropics
10. PixieCrush Mermaid Tail Blanket for Teenagers/Adults & Kids
This one is also available in 2 sizes, one for kids and the other one for teens and adults. The big one is 57 inches long and measures 27 inches at the top opening. The smaller one measures 45 inches by 21 inches. You can also choose between pink, green, purple, and a multicolor pattern.
This is made from extra thick fleece, and it’s very soft to the touch. But the seams are tough enough as PixieCrush uses advanced double stitching. The blanket also doesn’t slide or slip as the other mermaid blankets do.
It keeps you warm as well, and that’s very true for your feet. The bottom of this mermaid blanket is sealed so the cold can’t get in.
- Cute and the colors are very vibrant
- Very soft
- Thick and they can keep you warm during cold nights
- There’s no way to air your feet when they feel too warm
- You have only 4 color patterns to choose from
9. Catalonia Mermaid Tail Sherpa Blanket
This one comes in 5 different colors. It’s more for teens or adults though, as it measures 67 inches long and 22.5 inches wide.
Each one has on the front a breathable acrylic wave pattern knit yarn and it’s very soft to the touch. The inner layer comes with super-soft Sherpa lambswool lining for your comfort and to keep you warm. After all, it is a blanket.
Some ladies have trouble keeping the top part of the mermaid blanket on their chest, especially when they’re sitting up and reading or enjoying some nice cocoa. But this has a stay up shoulder strap. It’s detachable so you can take it off when you want to lie down to sleep.
It’s supposed to be dry cleaned, or at least hand washed in cold water and then air-dried. However, plenty of people say that it has stood up to multiple machine washings.
- Very comfortable and snuggly inside
- Extremely high quality and well-made
- Your feet can feel warm inside, but you can poke them out from the tail if you want some air for your feet
- Not really for little kids
- Only 5 color options
8. DDMY Crochet Mermaid Blankets
This one comes in a single size measuring 74 inches long and 35 inches across the top opening. At least you have plenty of color options, with 7 to choose from.
The back and the bottom of the blanket aren’t closed, so you can cool down more easily. Each blanket has been crocheted by hand, using acrylic fibers chosen for both their softness and durability. The personal comfort unique line weave makes it quite warm when it’s cold, but it is breathable so even during summer nights you might like this.
- Very warm, best for winter nights or air-conditioned rooms
- It’s open at the top to drape over your arms and chest
- The bottom isn’t closed either, so you can poke out your feet to keep them cool
- Very well-made
- Vibrant colors
- Too big for small kids
- You need to wrap your feet with the tail section during cold nights to keep your feet from poking out
7. iBaby888 Wearable Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet
The large size measures 70.9 inches by 35.5 inches, while the smaller one measures 55.1 by 27.6 inches. You also have 10 color options to choose from, and who says you can’t get 2 or more?
Each one has an open back so you can get in and out easily, while the feet are cocooned and snug like in a sleeping bag. The comfy feeling you get from this is amazing, as it’s been crocheted from soft acrylic fibers. These fibers were also chosen for their durability so that the blanket can last for a long while. It’s stretchable too, so you can really feel snug inside.
This can be machine washed at low temperature, and then tumble dried. Just don’t wash it with jeans and other items with zippers.
- Open back lets you drape the blanket over your arms
- Closed bottom to keep your feet warm
- 2 sizes and lots of color options
- Soft stretchable material
- Can be machine washed and dried
- Feet may feel too warm during the summer
- May not enough space for the feet either
6. Softan Mermaid Tail Blanket
This flannel fleece blanket is also available in a variety of colors, and you have 2 sizes to choose from for adults and kids. The small one measures 39 inches long and 17 inches across the opening, and it works for kids under 8 years old. The older kids and adults can go with the bigger one measuring 60 inches long and 25 inches across.
The color patterns use multiple colors so you sure can’t say they’re drab and boring. The color patterns shimmer, so it seems to resemble real fishtails and scales.
This is quite durable, with advanced double stitching for the seams. You can wash it by machine, as long as you don’t do this too often and you only cold wash. You also can’t dry clean, tumble dry, bleach, or iron the blanket.
- Very colorful
- Plenty of color options with 2 size options
- Really soft
- Can be machine washed
- Checked for quality before being delivered
- No opening for the feet if it’s too warm
5. Fu Store Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet
This offers 2 color options for the kids’ size, while adults have 6 colors to choose from. These all have been crocheted by hand, using eco-friendly materials that feel good on your skin. You do have to wash it by hand or have it dry cleaned, as it can’t be machine washed.
The large one measures 74 inches long and 35 inches wide, so it’s a proper blanket that you can use to cover your head. That should come in handy when you’re watching a scary movie on the couch.
The material is warm and breathable, and open at the back and at the fin end. You can use this to drape over your arms and you can put out your feet when it’s too warm.
- 2 size options
- Nice and long
- Very soft and breathable
- Feet can poke out
- Not too many color options especially for kids
- Can’t be machine washed
4. Langria Mermaid Tail Blanket
This comes in a single size meant for adults and older teens. It measures 60 by 25 inches, and it is warm and thin for all-year use.
This comes in 4 color options, but each one looks very “realistic”. The flannel blanket has scaly details with glossy foil dots. These dots don’t fall off very easily, so that’s alright.
The bottom part of the blanket is closed, so your feet are constantly toasty warm. For colder seasons, this is great.
- Looks really like a mermaid’s tail
- Breathable and thin for year-round use
- Can be machine washed (though not too often)
- One size only
- Not too many color options
- Feet can’t be cooled by poking them out the blanket
3. AmyHomie Mermaid Tail Blanket
This comes in 2 sizes, with 11 color options for adults and 17 for kids. The adult blanket measures 71 by 36 inches, with 55 by 28 inches for the kids. The blankets are all made with cotton and acrylic fibers, and they’re skin-friendly and eco-friendly too.
These are suitable for all seasons, as the material is breathable. You should wash it by hand though you can machine wash it using particular wash bags.
- Comes in an airtight bag and with a gift bag too
- Lots of gorgeous colors
- Very soft and comfy
- Can be machine washed with specific wash bags
- Great customer service
- Has a smell at first that needs to be aired out and washed out
2. Laghcat Mermaid Tail Blanket for Adults
If you’re a grown woman (or even a man, there’s nothing wrong about that), then you can get this adult-size measuring 75” x 35.5”. The back and bottom are both open, so you can drape it over your shoulders and arms and your feet can poke out.
The material is 30% cotton and 70% Orlon acrylic fiber, which is lightweight and wrinkle resistant. It’s machine-washable at low temperatures and tumbles dry. Just wash it separately, and never with items that contain zippers.
- Very soft
- Durable too
- Comfy and breathable
- Feet can poke out for summer nights
- Comes with a backpack and a gift mermaid necklace
- Limited color options (only 3)
1. Posh Peanut Mermaid Blanket
As we’ve just listed a blanket exclusively for adults, now we offer a mermaid blanket just for kids ages 3 to 13 years old. What’s great here is that the purchase isn’t just for kids, as it also comes with a free mermaid blanket small enough for dolls.
The kids’ blankets are 48 inches long and they have a soft lining inside. They can be used all year and the soft material won’t scratch or itch.
- Very cute
- Has a partner blanket for dolls
- Very soft and comfy
- Can be used for all seasons
- Only 4 colors available
It’s a safe bet that anyone of these can make you feel super comfy at home while you snuggle in bed or on the couch. Take a picture of yourself as well and share it with your social media friends. You’ll look cute, and your friends will be envious!