All cameras come with internal mic, but we can all agree that those mics are very poor. This is because the companies focus more on video quality rather than audio quality. Therefore, you have to buy any external GoPro microphones no matter how expensive the camera is, and it is true for GoPro cameras.
We have listed down the top 10 best GoPro microphones of different types for you to choose from as per your GoPro camera model.
The Best GoPro Microphones (2021) Reviews:
10. Smith-Victor Lavalier Microphone
Available in a complete set, the GoPro microphone comes with high compatibility. This has an omnidirectional polar pattern that delivers outstanding sound quality. I like the high-frequency response of up to 18 kHz, and it is of condenser type. Additionally, it is ultra-lightweight, and you can easily use it with camcorders and smartphones.
With this, you will be getting a foam windscreen that helps to block the wind. Moreover, this includes a lapel clip, and there is also an adapter. This allows you to use it in different tasks and delivers awesome results. Furthermore, this is suitable for all types of environments and can serve as a perfect gift for anyone.
- It is extremely lightweight, and the clip is strong.
- The omnidirectional pattern makes it exceptional.
- Compatibility with all GoPro cameras.
- It is a new product on the market.
9. EACHSHOT Video Microphone Mic
Composed of aluminum, the GoPro microphone comes with a powerful anti-interference feature. This is easy to install and is perfect for professional video recording. Moreover, this is delicate and delivers high performance. I like the lightweight design that allows us to take it anywhere. Furthermore, this has high sensitivity and comes with a super-cardioid polar pattern.
This has a frequency range of 80 Hz to 16000 Hz. This will not disappoint you when it comes to performance and is ideal for interviews or vlogging. Additionally, this will allow you to use it in any and have a better advantage. It is also flexible and easily goes with different types of gadgets. It lets you reduce the unwanted background sound and is in a travel-friendly design.
- Prevents interference to the maximum extent.
- The surroundings and wind noise do not get it.
- Highly durable and super-cardioid pattern.
- Not suitable for all Android smartphones.
8. ANLASSER Microphone Mount for GoPro w/ Housing for Mic Adapter
If you need a GoPro microphone that is in an easy to use design, then this is the one for you. It is suitable for GoPro Hero Case Series and runs without any batteries. I am impressed with its ability to easily connecting lets you save time. Moreover, it comes with a universal cold shoe mount and is in a patent-pending design.
Furthermore, this is very lightweight and allows you to save money. With this, you don’t need additional GoPro case, and it has the ability to deliver quality results. Additionally, this can be a perfect gift for any professional vlogger and lets you conduct clear interviews.
- Lets you access the data ports easily.
- Easily to take out the batteries.
- Inclined mount for a better point of view.
- There is no negative point as of now.
7. REMOVU RM-M1+A1 Wireless Microphone and Receiver
This GoPro microphone will let you use it in a kind of environment. This can grab sound from a distance of up to 40 yards and runs with a lithium battery. I endorse it to people who would like to use it professionally as it is suitable for different tasks. Additionally, it has a waterproof housing making it perfect for harsh environments.
Moreover, it is available in a complete set and runs for up to 6 hours with a single recharge. You can even use it in wet conditions and have the advantage. Furthermore, this is a perfect accessory for any GoPro enthusiast and does not disappoint when it comes to performance.
- The distance coverage is wide.
- The wireless setup makes it easy to use.
- Proper sound recording in the wet condition.
- Not suitable for Hero 5 or later.
6. Solid Lavalier Lapel Microphone 2-Pack Complete Set
This GoPro microphone comes with universal compatibility, and you can even use it on computers or smartphones. This comes in a pack of two and has amazing voice quality. Moreover, this comes in a complete set and is perfect for podcasts or vlogs. Additionally, it is lightweight and includes an extra-long extension cable.
I like its ability to engage two individuals at a time and deliver crystal clear sound. This comes with a storage bag, and you set it up with ease as it has a 3.5 mm jack. Furthermore, this includes two wind muffs and is extremely lightweight which lets you take it anywhere you want.
- Effectively blocks echoes and buzzing.
- Better voice clarity with wind muff.
- Highly compatibility with almost all cameras.
- Clip quality can be better.
5. EDUTIGE ETM-001 Omnidirectional Microphone
Here is a GoPro microphone that comes with high sensitivity. In this, you will find an omnidirectional pickup pattern that provides amazing sound quality. This is easy to set up as it comes with a 3.5 mm jack. Moreover, it has high compatibility and lets you perform an array of tasks. I highly recommend it to people who are looking to capture great audio for vlogging or YouTube.
Furthermore, it has a metallic body and is very durable. This is also lightweight and comes with the feature of plug and play. Additionally, it is small and has a sturdy construction. It lets you use it anywhere and does not require any batteries.
- Extremely compact and gold-plated.
- Omnidirectional and plug and play feature.
- Very sturdy and highly sensitive.
- Can get lost due to small size.
4. SOONSUN Skeleton Clip-on Microphone Mic w/ Protective Case
Providing you with good audio recording experience, this GoPro microphone comes with skeleton housing. This has side open housing that lets you access various ports. Moreover, it protects your camera from heating and comes with a reserved hole. I like the hole on the top that allows easy recording without any external microphone.
Furthermore, this is in a long design that lets you use it comfortably on monopods. It also has high compatibility and does with different GoPro cameras. Additionally, this is made of stainless steel and plastic and is perfect for the vlog and video diary. It includes other accessories and is very lightweight.
- Better audio recording with the housing.
- Very long cable for convenience.
- Complete kit with case, buckle, and mic.
- The case can make a rattling noise.
3. Movo Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
This GoPro microphone has Omni pickup pattern that delivers awesome performance. It comes with a metal lapel clip as well as a foam windscreen. Moreover, this has wide compatibility and requires no battery. It comes with male and female connectors and has a frequency response of up to 18 kHz. Additionally, this is compact and can easily get in a camera case. I love its lightweight construction that offers optimum portability.
With it, you can have accurate voice reproduction and delivers the best of performance. It comes in an affordable value and meets your video needs. Furthermore, this includes a cable of 1.2 meters and has an electret condenser transducer. It is easy to set up and has a durable structure. This will let you use it comfortably and is a workhorse.
- Omnidirectional pickup of quality sound.
- Lightweight and compact and easily portable.
- Strong clip and includes widescreen.
- Not suitable beyond Hero 4.
2. Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit
The GoPro microphone comes in a kit and has excellent audio. This is in a lightweight design and has a discreet build up. This is also durable and is perfect for recordings and videos. I like its easy setup feature of plug and play, and it does not require any configuration or downloads. Moreover, it runs without batteries and lets you take your audio into the next level.
Furthermore, it comes with five free accessories, and there is also an E-book. This is compatible with most devices, and you can easily take it anywhere you want. It delivers excellent performance and can be an ideal gift for anyone. Additionally, it has a fuzzy windscreen, and there is also an extra clip. This lets you perform different tasks and easily goes with smartphones.
- Premium-quality mic for high-quality audio.
- Crystal clear audio recording for all purposes.
- Complete kit and no extra expenditure.
- Does not work with the latest models.
1. Rode VideoMicro Compact On-Camera Microphone with Rycote Lyre Shock Mount
Available in a compact design, the GoPro microphone delivers high-quality audio. This is also very lightweight and does not require any battery to run. This comes with a deluxe furry windshield and has an all-metal body. Moreover, it has a suspension structure with hardwearing thermoplastic that helps to minimize vibrations. Additionally, this is virtually indestructible which lets you use it for a long time.
It has good effectiveness and catches audio from different directions. The microphone has a cardioid polar pattern and comes with an output jack of 3.5 mm. I highly recommend it for people who want to minimize cable-borne noise and handling. Furthermore, this is perfect for outdoor use and helps to minimize environmental noise. This has a high level of RF rejection and has a ceramic black coating with anti-glare.
- High-performance audio quality.
- Reduces distractions from sides and back.
- High-quality material and minimizes vibrations.
- There is no con at all.
While buying a GoPro microphone, you should check the polar pattern. It is better to opt for those that come with a windshield, or you have to buy it separately for crystal clear recording. But most importantly, you have to check the compatibility and versatility of the GoPro microphones.
There are also wireless GoPro microphones for easily mobility though audio quality can vary. We have listed all the different types to satisfy all your requirements.