An increasing number of homeowners these days are opting to install built-in microwaves these days. Sure, in many ways the countertop versions are very convenient. But with built-in microwave ovens, you can clear up some countertop space and you get a more seamless look for your kitchen. Here are some of the best built-in microwaves you can install in your kitchen.
The Best Built-in Microwaves (2020) Reviews:
10. Master Chef, 5 Ovens in 1 Built-In Convection Microwave
When you have a small kitchen, these built-in microwaves will be a godsend as it maximizes your space. It’s extremely versatile and you can cook in 5 different ways. It offers 1,000 watts of power.
Your purchase also includes a large 16” x 12” porcelain-coated cooking tray and a 12” x 9” grill rack. You also get a Custom Built-In Trim Kit, an Auxiliary Cooling fan/duct system to keep cabinet cool, and a Mounting Base. You can also order special frames.
The outside is metal, and the inside features porcelain walls that are very easy to clean. It’s easy to use as well, with the 1 Touch Quick Start, Lighted Digital Controls, Automatic Deodorization & Steam Cleaning functions, and 60-minute timer.
- 4 Cooking Selections: High-Speed Combination, Convection, Grill/Broil, & Microwave
- Cooks in half the time needed by a regular gas or electric oven
- Huge cooking tray with grill rack
- Automatic cooking with 50 cooking codes
- Customer service people are polite and knowledgeable
- It doesn’t warm up a fast as a regular convection oven
9. Frigidaire FGMO205KF Gallery Series 24″ Built-In Microwave Oven
You will need to get the trim kit separately for this one. But plenty of people still like this for many reasons, starting with the 1200 cooking watts. It offers 1-touch options with 3 auto-cook options and 7 user preference options. There’s also a sensor reheat feature.
It works quietly, and when you press the buttons you hear the nice beeps to tell you that you’ve pressed them properly. It cooks very well, with no unpleasant surprises with food that ends up too cold or too hot. Everything’s cooked and heated evenly. There’s a bit of light so you can see inside somewhat, do a few people think this light isn’t bright enough.
- Very powerful microwave oven
- Extremely easy to use
- It has a sensor that helps when you’re reheating
- Quiet beeps and operations
- Cooks evenly
- Not everyone is satisfied with the customer service
- The light inside should be a bit brighter
8. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Convection Function
This can also save you some space if you’re looking for a microwave oven and a convection oven. The Toshiba EC042A5C-BS can work as both.
Aside from heating up food that’s ready to eat, you can use various other functions for food preparation. This has Auto-Bake for frozen pies and fries, along with muffins. There’s also Auto Roast with presets for turkey breasts, beef, pork, and whole chicken. There are plenty of time options for defrosting.
This offers you a 1-touch start option, and the cooking range of the convection oven goes from 175 to 425 degrees. You also get a digital control panel, while there’s an LED light inside.
The outside is black stainless steel for a cool modern look. On the inside, you also have stainless steel, and the whole thing is easy to clean in and out.
- Looks good
- Very easy to clean
- 10 power levels up to 1000 watts
- Convection cooking from 179 to 425 degrees F
- Sensor reheating lets you cook or reheat 9 of the most popular food items with a touch of a button
- Program up to 3 favorite power and time combinations for more 1-touch convenience
- Not really good as a toaster
- When you need to cook for 2 and a half minutes, you have to punch in the “2” first and then add 30-second increments
7. Farberware FMO12AHTBSG Bottle Dual Zone Freestanding Microwave Oven
This offers you 1.2 cubic feet of cooking capacity, with 1100 watts of power. With 1o power levels to choose from, you can pick from 10% to 100% of that power.
This works both as a grill and a microwave, so you have more cooking options than an ordinary microwave oven. You can use any of the 9 1-touch cooking programs so you can heat up the most common food items in seconds.
With the multi-stage cooking functionality, you’re able to adjust the cooking in the middle of the cycle. You can just add 30 seconds of additional cooking time.
This has an LED light inside, and you can use the memory functions for your customized settings. You also have a blue LED display with a kitchen timer and clock.
- Lots of cooking programs for common food items
- Unique grill function added
- Can adjust in the middle of the cooking
- Defrost by weight or time settings
- Has a rotating turntable
- It has a child safety feature
- Very iffy customer support
6. Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SD945S
These built-in microwaves come with a dial for your adjustments, and this makes it more expensive than the keypad version. Of course, that’s not really all that it offers. The dial does come with preprogrammed quick buttons and a 4-digit display, plus a 1-touch sensor cook and reheat.
The turbo defrosts works very well, as it can thaw your frozen food items quickly and evenly. When you’ve cooked them, you can keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve. You can also use the quick-minute timer for setting cooking and reheating times, along with the delay start feature. This even has a child safety lock.
- 18 auto cook options
- 10 power levels with 1250 watts
- There’s a special button just for popcorn
- You can quickly add 30 seconds to the cooking time
- You also have more/less control
- For the built-in look, the trim kit is an additional expense
- The stainless steel parts of the face (like the door handle) shows prints easily
5. Breville RM-BMO734XL the Quick Touch Microwave Oven
This comes with 1100 watts, and you can pick from 10 power levels. The Quickstart 1-touch cooking button makes things a lot easier for you, as this same button lets you add 30 seconds to your cooking time. You can make your adjustments properly since you also get the Sensor IQ reheat and cook that automatically measures humidity released from the food and calculates the cooking time. There’s also a “bit more button” for a bit of extra cooking time.
Basically, you can use the smart cook button to cook your food, along the smart reheat and smart defrost buttons. You use these along with the LED display, and you’re all set.
- Looks great
- Seems pretty easy enough to use
- Can help you calculate the proper cooking time
- Very quiet
- Printing on the buttons can fade very quickly
- You’ll need to buy the trim kit separately
4. Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S
This offers 1200 watts of power, and that’s great for quicker cooking. But what’s really terrific is that this also comes with 14 auto-cook options. Now you don’t have to do any guesswork for fresh or frozen veggies, frozen pizza, frozen entrees, soup, quinoa, omelet, rice, oatmeal, pasta, and potatoes.
In addition to this, you also have the built-in automatic Genius Sensor that adjusts power and time settings based on different food items your food in. The sensor monitors the state of the food to make its adjustments.
With the turbo defrost with inverter technology, you can prepare the food evenly without overcooking. Yet you can also speed up the defrosting time. You also have features like the keep food warm feature, quick-minute timer, and delay start, plus a child safety lock.
- 14 auto cook options
- The sensor adjusts time and power settings
- Defrosting can be very quick
- You can keep the food warm
- Child safety lock and delay start
- Panasonic trim kit available as an extra expense
- Hard to figure out how to return a product within the warranty period
3. Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B
Of course, there are many brands of built-in microwaves available on the market. Meanwhile, Panasonic built-in microwave is another famous brand. In fact, it’s always a better bet to go with a well-known brand since they’ve earned their reputation for quality. You can see that right away with this oven’s 1250 watts of power along with the 2.2 cubic feet food capacity. You have a 16.5-inch turntable for your food.
The inverter technology makes sure you cook your food evenly, while with turbo defrost the defrosting takes less time. You also get 14 preset menu items along with delay start, quick-minute timer, keep warm feature, and a child lock safety feature. You even get the built-in automatic Genius Sensor which monitors your food and automatically adjusts the power and time settings for the best settings for your particular food.
- Lots of power
- Plenty of food space
- 14 preset menu options
- The genius sensor can automatically adjust settings
- Even cooking
- Quick defrosting
- 1-touch button for popcorn and another for sensor reheat
- The door closes with light force
- You have to order the trim kit separately
- The clock stays on all the time unless unplugged
- You have to be careful about closing the door too hard
2. Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651B
This oven from Panasonic offers 1200 watts along with 12 auto cook options for your favorite food items. That’s not counting the 1-touch button for the popcorn, and you also have separate buttons for sensor reheat, turbo defrosts, and keep warm. These give you lots of time-saving options, while it makes sure your food is warm when you serve it.
With the inverter technology, you’re able to cook even delicate food items evenly without overcooking. The turbo defrosts also speed up the defrosting time. Everything’s nicely arranged in the control panel, and the oven looks great.
- Looks nice
- 12 auto cook options
- Also has a quick-minute timer, more/less control, delay start, sensor reheat, and popcorn button
- Uses the Genius Sensor for automatic cooking and reheating
- Heats and defrosts evenly and quickly
- You’ll need to buy the trim kit separately
- Some people wish for a larger handle
1. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro with Element IQ
This feels like having a genius in the kitchen to help you out, as it offers lots of smart options for you to use. Make it a brawny genius, since it offers up to 1800 watts of power and uses convection.
Here you have 10 cooking functions for food preparation: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Grill, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow Cook. The Element IQ system makes sure that the heat is stable and spread out nicely (across 5 quartz elements) so the food is evenly cooked.
That Slow Cook feature is also fantastic because you don’t get to see this feature in an ordinary microwave oven. This lets you use low temperatures for long cooking times, and this can last for up to 10 hours. Afterward, it automatically sets to the Keep Warm setting. No doubt, it is the best built-in microwaves of all time.
- 10 automatic ways to cook including slow cook
- Food is cooked evenly
- The LCD display is very clear
- The interior light turns on and off automatically, and there’s a manual control for it too
- Comes with 12″ x 12″ enamel baking pan, a 12″ x 12″ enamel broiling rack, and a 13″ non-stick pizza pan
- You have to buy the trim kit separately
Most of these require you to buy the trim kit as a separate purchase, but that’s really a minor quibble. In the end, any of these can work for you depending on your needs. You’ll end up with a nicer-looking kitchen with more countertop space with our best built-in microwaves in 2020.